So here we go; my personal top 3 from Josiah's list:
- DO NOT resize the user’s browser window, EVER
- If your website does not work in Firefox, welcome to 2007 DUMSS.
- If your website is ALL Flash, FIRE your web development company.
Also nice to keep in mind:
- If you use music on your site make sure the user can stop it, and it BETTER NOT start on page load without the user requests it.
- If you’re delivering video, it better not ask the user which bandwidth or version of video they’d like. Deliver your video in an embedded player in Flash.
Why is this so difficult?