Instead of dealing with finicky newspaper and magazine reporters on volatile deadlines, Weblogs – self-published, and often opinionated, Web pages updated by individuals or groups of bloggers – give entrepreneurs a way to communicate directly with potential customers. (...)They give seven essential tips on how to make waves in the blogsphere – without capsizing:
- Don't ignore, but pay respect to key bloggers
- Keep track of what bloggers are saying about your company and its products.
- Build personal relationships, e.g. through leaving thoughtful comments in other weblogs
- Stick to subjects associated to your area of business
- Become an active participant in the blogsphere – by starting your own blog...
- …but not just for publicity, because bloggers can smell a rat
- Last, but not least: Be Honest !!
..."Blogs influence the influencers."