- Efficiency is doing things right; effectiveness is doing the right things.
- There is nothing so useless as doing efficiently that which should not be done at all.
- Trying to predict the future is like trying to drive down a country road at night with no lights while looking out the back window.
- When a subject becomes totally obsolete we make it a required course. (Btw, that seems to be the prime directive of German politics!)
- It takes far less energy to move from first rate performance to excellence than it does to move from incompetence to mediocrity.
- Management is doing things right; leadership is doing the right things.
(via Brand Autopsy)