- Influence the public "conversation" about your company: Make it easy for journalists to find the latest, most accurate information about new products or ventures. In the case of a crisis, a blog allows you to shape the conversation about it.
- Enhance brand visibility and credibility: Appear higher in search engine rankings, establish expertise in industry or subject area, and personalize one's company by giving it a human voice.
- Achieve customer intimacy: Speak directly to consumers and have them come right back with suggestions or complaints—or kudos.
- Have a distinct focus and goal !
- Feature an authentic voice !
- Are open to comment !
"If your legal department requires three weeks' review time before you turn around a posting for your blog, you are not a good candidate for blogging."